If you would like to receive Mornin Manna via text message, click "Contact Me" tab above and send me your phone info. 160 recipients and growing!

On Nothing Less Than Jesus

Let me just apologize in advance for telling the truth. I'm feeling that this may offend some people but it is not my intent to pierce but to only inform you of what is right. So there, I said it!

I was thinking on how we tend to hold onto things. Sometimes for no apparent reason and other times for very specific reasons. Those things might be a relationship, cash, an emotion or feeling, a person, a cause, property, gambling, drugs, alcohol and even a sexual preference. (choosing words carefully) As sound minded people, we're always looking to do better for ourselves. Whether it be significantly better or minutely better. Better is better! Times come up and we question ourselves, possibly even evaluate ourselves, in why we haven't attained our desired advancement. Why haven't we done better for ourselves? You ask yourself, "Whats the problem?"

When you walk through your every day life, you tend to pick up some things, good things and bad things alike. The more you accumulate, the heavier your load will be to continue walking. I know when I go to the food store, I don't go crazy shopping. I live on the 3rd floor in my apartment building, which isn't far up, but from where I park it may be a journey! Then I have to deal with going up and down the stairs with all of those packages. After awhile of carrying the weight over and over again, going through trial after trial and situations, it will wear you down. You get tired. You must lay aside the weights that slow you down. Don't take on more than you can move swiftly with.

Bluntly speaking, you aint prospering because you're holdin onto too much garbage! How you gonna complain you dont have any money but yet you spend 20's and 20's on cigarrettes? If you buying drugs and/or alcohol, how you gonna save any money? Helloooooo! How do you expect someone to love you when you can't get over the pain and insecurities you have for yourself? You gotta start doing these things for yourself! God will help you but you gotta take that first step! You are not incompetant you can do something for yourself. Faith without works is dead! How do you expect to settle down with someone if you can't tell what you what you want to settle down with? (chose words carefully again) We blame God for this and that when we are the ones that are holding onto these things causing us detriment! The problem is us and has always been us! We're the ones that are holding onto our trial instead of holding onto or victory in faith! I feel my help coming, lol lemme get back on subject and stict to my script!

We, me included, must consider if we're holding on to something that does not mean us any good. Are we clutching to things that aren't prospering us? Are we battling an addiction that we're just not winning? Are we holding onto a weigh that's not getting any lighter? Are we stuck to a "thing" that we can't free ourselves from? I'm sending out a Mornin Manna text today about how we should loose these things that are hindering us. If your goal is set on Jesus, and you truly wish to make it, then all you have to do is make that first step and put that thing(s) down. Paul said in Philippians chapter 3 that he willingly chose to rid himself of somethings and counted them not a loss because he was focused on knowing Jesus. He was focused on attaining the favor of God. Determined, he shed his weights and concentrated on Him. Its not a hard thing to do, just have a mind to walk away from your weight. A song says "oh what peace we do not carry because we do not carry everything to God in prayer".

If you build your faith on Jesus, you wont fail at leaving your burdens behind. When you experience God for yourself, you wont even miss the things of old because you're experiencing the greatness of God! I encourage you to examine yourself, as I examine me, to determine what you are holding onto that is hindering your prosperity and advancement in life and in Jesus.




Keep Looking For The Light

0 thoughts: