If you would like to receive Mornin Manna via text message, click "Contact Me" tab above and send me your phone info. 160 recipients and growing!

Expectancy to Deliver!

To be expectant is to have a strong feeling or certainty that something is to come. That sounds just like faith, doesn't it? Ya know, faith! The substance of things hoped for and the evedince of things not seen! Hebrews 11:1
There is a saying if you are going to pray don't worry, and if you are going to worry don't pray. I began to ponder that over and over. I could not understand if I am going to worry why shouldn't I pray! Everybody worries about something and many upon many people still pray. I needed understanding and it boils down to the faith behind the prayer. If you are worrying, your faith is is doubt. If your faith is not strong and you are asking in faith, your prayer is now weak. Faith is the positive reinforcement to prayer! James 5:15 says the prayer of faith can heal the sick, that means Faith has that power!
Getting back to the expectancy! When you expect God to do something you are certain he will do it! You are believing it will happen and come to pass! There are so many afflicted and wounded in the body of Christ, spiritually and physically speaking. We have to realize that we have that power to Heal. We have to be certain in ourselves.
We have to have expectancy in ourselves to deliver the power from within us! When we exhibit such great acts of faith, we can now look to God with Expectancy in our hearts and minds and God Will Deliver!

3 thoughts:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

This reminds me of what my grandma used to say, "curse the tongue whose prayers boast wishes and bless the sinner who don't know better".

I never understood what she meant until I was faced with it. I used to watch people pray not from deliverance from something or strength. No they prayed for things and possessions. "Lord I need money to pay my rent" or "Lord I need you to make a way out of no way for me, I need a major miracle because I messed up", etc.

I try not to be like that. I don't want to be the person who runs to the Lord in prayer only when I need something. Most times I pray and I thank the Lord for giving me the strength to make it everyday and I am thankful for what he has given me already. I thank the Lord for my bad times because it is where I find my message and gain wisdom. I pray that he will continue to teach me the ways of his love.

I guess I don't expect a deliverance when I pray. Instead I pray that I am able to handle what the Lord sets before me. If I prove myself to him then he will find me worthy of being a soldier in his army.

JMO. Great post though.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I'm gonna pray, especially if I'm worrying. Not that I don't have faith, it's just that I am a worry wart. Can't help it. I think I get if from my mom.

Acoustic Soul said...

I expect a miracle EVERYDAY! God will make a way, out of no way. I'm sure you know those words

I have the philosophy that once I give it to God, it's out of my hands. I no longer worry about it.

Where my problem comes in, is the fact that I do worry and try to fix things on my own. THEN I come to the conclusion that it's not for me to handle. Then I give it over to Him. I need to learn how to release sooner.