If you would like to receive Mornin Manna via text message, click "Contact Me" tab above and send me your phone info. 160 recipients and growing!

Deliver Me From Myself

Often times we come across problems. We cast blame on the devil, the people and even the situations around us. If he didn't do this I would... If she wouldn't have done that I could have... Whatever the reason or excuse, there is SOMETHING that is blocking us. We always seem to have an enemy opposing us. I caught myself from shifting the blame. I thought to myself, the devil, along with whatever else, is not my major enemy! My biggest enemy is the enemy within me!

We are faced with situations and presented with choices. Then we make decisions. Those very same decisions is what gets us in trouble! The devil presents thoughts to us and we have the power to rebuke him. Do we? Friends put that cigarette to our mouth and sway us with a drink. No body's fault but our own! Your body is a sanctuary for God, and the bible instructs us to keep it clean! (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

Our own curiosity, and sometimes even our selfish desires, begin to break us down. You know that you aren't to test the waters but you make a storm anyhow! That includes wandering minds/eyes and being sneaky thinking we wont be caught! The biggest battles come from within ourselves. If you don't know yourself in a strong way you will not know how to overcome yourself!

A good way to start is by having your mind in the right place. The bible says to let this mind that be in you be also in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 2:5) Jesus was that of peaceful mind and spirit. One that was always in prayer in every situation! When you feel you are too much for yourself to bear, give yourself to God in Prayer! Be honest with him and express your situation. Pour out your heart to God! (Psalms 62:8) Let this be your prayer, "Deliver me from the enemy within me, deliver me from myself!"

5 thoughts:

Darius T. Williams said...

Yes - I always think that the biggest issue is never external, it's always us. Even if it's because of obstacles that we can't control - it's never those obstacles, it's how we respond to the issues in our lives. My favorite quote, "The difference between what's possible and what's not lies within a person's determination."

THE PISCEAN said...

Although, we hear this alot.
I believe the enemy is usually the inner me.

Peace and Blessings

Chet said...

I agree we are often our own enemy. I am running 99 and still behind.

M. Akamau said...

I just stumbled upon you; I'm so glad I did. I'd been thinking recently, and talking to the Lord about it --- how often we ourselves are our greatest danger. "Lord, deliver me from the danger of myself," has been a recent prayer of mine, so it's refreshing to stumble upon your blog and find you saying the same thing. We need God desperately. Thanks for this.

Grace,
Michele

Acoustic Soul said...

Very bold text!

I think we all know that we are our worst enemy, however it's how we deal with the situation we find ourselves in.

If only we would be prayerful, we would always get the answer we need (not necessarily want)