If you would like to receive Mornin Manna via text message, click "Contact Me" tab above and send me your phone info. 160 recipients and growing!

Easy on my ears!

Cruising down the highway, with the radio pumping out what makes a ride seem short, we're feeding our ears. Taking the metro in our morning and evening commutes, we feed our ears. In our homes, with our TVs, we feed our ears. When we're around our friends we are feeding our ears! With what? The weather perhaps. The latest news maybe. Gossip corner anybody? Listening to friends slander someone else's name! It happens, whether you know it or not!

We will listen to anything we want and justify it be saying "they're my ears!" I'm not going to sit here and type this like I haven't done it myself! The point is why can't I listen to something wholesome that will prosper me! Who listens to quality things? I can probably call out every single one of my friends that loves to listen to Wendy Williams! Not going to bad mouth her, but she always has some kinda gossip about somebody! That's not productive. It's intrusively informative at somebody else's expense!

Once things enter our ears they enter our spirit whether we want it to or not! You heard a song playing in the background at work and the following week you know all of the words, backwards and forwards, and you have no idea how! You had great diction, and an expansive vocabulary and all of a sudden a cuss word is flying out of your mouth every other word! It comes from what we subject ourselves to listen!

When God tries to speak to us, our ears are so plugged up with filth that you can't hear Him speaking to you! There are going to be distractions. We have to keep a focus on what is necessary. You have to be easy on your years. When you need to listen to a word from the Lord, you want to hear what he has to say! 1 Kings 19:12-13

3 thoughts:

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmmm - look at you with this post. This is a pretty good post.

Acoustic Soul said...

Whew! Boy you said that and then some! I like this.

Sexxy Luv said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! this is so on point, i couldn't agree more!