If you would like to receive Mornin Manna via text message, click "Contact Me" tab above and send me your phone info. 160 recipients and growing!

Perspective

Lately, I've been going through some things. I've been sick in my body, unfortunate in affairs of the heart, missing chances that could change my financial status. I've seen the emergency room on more than one occasion, and seeing the dollar amount in my bank account decrease without significant increase. If anyone knows, it's harder to recover physically when your mental and emotional wellness are wounded. Subconsciously, I was building the blocks of a structure called depression.

I called friends, sometimes their words offered relief but none led me through the tough time. Slowly, the structure grew larger. I woke one day to silence. There was no noise in the entire place. Sun was shining in the apartment at about 6am. I dressed and went for a walk nowhere. I saw joggers, commuters, cars and buses. Eventually, I ended up at a park. I walked a ways into the park and sat on a bench, doing nothing. I sat and stared. I got up and walked some more. I then ended up at a lil pond with some benches next to it. It had a fountain in it, which was relaxing to watch. I sat. I relaxed my mind. I began to place things into perspective.

I thought about my health. I may be sick, with however many things I have wrong with me, but my heart still beats. I have full function of my body with all of my limbs. I thought about my money. I have a job. No, it doesn't pay a lot. Yea, it can be a headache sometimes! Yea, I could get more hours, but I have both Sunday and Thursday off for church. The shift they give me allows me to work a second job in the morning. Most importantly, I'm not broke! I was placing things into perspective!

I'm 24 years old and can only account for one major relationship. I'm a guy and we get lonely too. We long for company just as females do. I believe guys don't make as big of an issue as females do! I've silently wondered why I seem to have a difficult time finding a companion! I said companion because I really am looking for that 1 person that I can spend the rest of my life with. I got annoyed with the whole process of looking. I was angered after dismissing prospect after prospect. I had to then realize that i would rather dismiss than to settle. If I take my time and have more patience with selecting, I will have less problems in the long run! I need to wait.

After placing things into perspective, I must say that I don't have it bad. So many others have it worse than I do! I complain a lot; it's true! I want things when I want them; no denying that! I called a few people and I shared these thoughts with them and they advised me to just be patient. "Good things come to those that wait, just keep waiting!" "I've been there before, I thought it would never turn around but it did, just hold out!" "You're just goin through growing pains, It'll be alright!"

The purpose of this post is to pass along a lil bit of encouragement to those that need a friendly word. Sometimes things may be rough and may get hard, but place some things into perspective. Trouble doesn't last always. Keep moving on! Blessings are coming your way, just keep your faith and focus on God! We must be reminded that its not going to be peaches and cream all the time, there's gonna be some gruel sometimes! Victory has already been promised to us. Just as Christ has overcome the world, we who live in Christ have overcome it also! John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

3 thoughts:

Rodrigo Zambia Cruz said...

I feel like I’m in the Amen corner, shouting Preach Bro, Preach. Thank you for being my mentor, I have truly enjoyed getting to know you and I so look forward to getting those daily “Mornin Manna’s” . I can’t begin to tell you how many times they have put me in tears. I love the title of this post, your right it’s all about “Perspective”. Okay back to the Amen Corner. If I could sit down with you presently face to face, I would first give you a hug. Second I would tell you that you have been going through a “Midnight Situation” but relief is coming at daybreak. I speak healing over those emotional and mental areas of your life that wish to keep you in bondage, you must realize that God has set you free and set you apart. It is not by accident or by random chance that you started “Mornin Manna”. You will never truly know how many lives you have touched and impacted, just by your act of simple obedience to God. I feel like you are going to have to lay hands on yourself and declare God’s healing over your body, know that I’m standing in agreement with you. You could also call for the elders of the church. I’m glad God made a way for you to continue to be faithful to him, God will make a way unexpectedly. I would say, just because you haven’t gotten it yet, does not meant that God said you couldn’t have it. Until you find that earthly companion, take comfort in your family and friends and know that you are never alone for God holds you in his arms all night long, while you sleep and slumber. Don’t stop looking, Psalm 1 ( We got to get together and talk about that)(we were supposed to be studying it remember) says that whatsoever you do shall prosper, make a move. God is waiting on you, he’s already told you he will prosper it. Continue to seek a mate and the things of the Lord. It’s okay that you complain a lot, God hears and cares about them all equally. I would sing to you, “I Won’t Complain” but you have a rain check because of the time. Thanks for the encouragement, may God continue to watch over you. Promise me one thing, when you preach your initial sermon, I want to be invited *After I pay some bills, I’m going to start saving money for it* but you have to give me enough advance time! Then I’ll really be in the Amen corner shouting Preach Bro Fuzzy and Praising God With You As Well.
Much Love
Rodrigo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that word.

Jimmy De La Cruz said...

I recently found your blog by accident and by just reading this post I feel inspired, keep doing what you doing, keep your head up and stay positive.